I am a results-oriented communications professional, capable of leading focused teams, implementing rapid transitions and positively impacting the bottom line and professional culture, seeking position as an information officer. Ability to assess challenging situations, identify critical issues, then formulate and enact solutions quickly and decisively. Award-winning writer and editor, with experience in social media management, media relations, tourism and health care marketing, journalism and sales. Contact me at stacey(dot)hudson1(at)gmail.com.
Piedmont Healthcare (Current)
Internal Communications Specialist
• Lead the implementation of the internal communications component of the health care center’s strategic communications plan.
• Analyze and strategize communications plan for Project Connect, an implementation that included PeopleSoft ERP, Epic EMR, International Classification of Diseases 10th Revision (ICD-10), ChargeMaster and Enterprise Document
• Work closely with departments to develop an understanding of issues, projects and policies that affect employees and identify effective tools for communicating this information to employees.
• Identify appropriate communications tools, such as the intranet, social media, video and newsletters, among others, to communicate with employees effectively.
• Collaborate with departments throughout the organization to ensure employees receive information they need related to changing benefits, accounting procedures, rewards programs, training opportunities.
• Act as writer/editor of employee newsletter and its intranet site.
• Maintain up-to-date calendar of events for the intranet site.
• Evaluate communication tools and strategies for effectiveness and identify new and emerging technologies to strengthen program.
• Assist departments with communications needs, identifying key messages and writing content on issues affecting employees.
• Maintain calendar of intranet updates.
• Take photos to support communications.
• Use strong written and oral communications skills and knowledge of accepted AP Stylebook principles.
• Implement knowledge of social media and its applicability to internal communications.
• Use web writing best practices and knowledge of HTML coding and web usability.
• Build consensus among departments to identify effective communications strategies.
• Identify and analyze emerging issues and develop an appropriate communications strategy targeting employees.
• Consult on crisis communications plan and targeted response team implementation.
Georgia Health Sciences University
• Supervise and coordinate publication of bi-weekly 24-page tabloid internal staff newspaper, The Connection, including writing, editing, photography and layout
• Manage vendor bid process and quality service delivery for newspaper
• Write and edit stories for departmental publications, including newspaper, magazines, annual report, letters, invitations and news releases
• Manage daily email newsletter to 12,000 employees and students
• Assist with event planning and scheduling
• Compose, edit, coordinate and send enterprise-wide daily e-mail to all members of the enterprise
• Update websites for publications and committees using OU Campus content management system and WordPress.
Publisher, Metro Augusta Parent Magazine
• Develop growth strategies and long term business development plans
• Meet or exceed annual budgets for revenue and gross profit. Meet or exceed long term growth targets
• Input to the pricing, RF and budgeting processes
• Ensure the smooth running of ongoing business management including implementation of content and quality strategy, social media strategy, cost control, publication to page budget, and publication schedule
• Identify new market needs and business opportunities
• Ensure that market-related achievements meet or exceed plans and targets, author input/page growth, online usage of content, impact factor growth
• Establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts and networks with key external stakeholders in the relevant medical specialties, especially with Editors and society representatives
• Provide direction, leadership and motivation in times of change
• Manage ongoing account service and management
• Develop of new sales opportunities and revenue streams
• Manage social media strategy and content
• Increased sales and ad revenue by 19 percent.
• Research, compose and edit news stories, feature stories, and essays
• Edit copy for content and style
• Managed project and writing staff
• Managed promotions and reader relations
• Developed and implemented social media strategy; managed content using PLANet w3.
• Won Gold Award for General Reporting from Parenting Publications of America
• Won Bronze Award for Personal Essay Writing from Parenting Publications of America.
Georgia Golf Hall of Fame
Director of Special Events/Administrator
• Planned, implemented, and coordinated garden club and education tours, and community events
• Promoted, booked, and coordinated rental events; increased event bookings by 10%
• Reconciled accounts receivable and payable using Excel and QuickBooks
• Coordinated staff payroll and billing; managed leave requests, and adherence to policies manual
• Coordinated insurance enrollment and 401(K) plans
• Managed membership database; expanded membership benefits
• Achieved highest membership sales for FY 2004
• Created database of statewide affiliate organizations
• Maintained and developed community retail partners
• Oversaw all aspects of magazine published three times yearly
• Implemented fundraising projects to generate supplemental revenue
• Oversaw completion and analysis of readership survey
• Constructed and implemented organizational policy handbook